Wednesday 24 October 2012

WHY DON´T YOU GET A JOB?



WHY DON´T YOU GET A JOB? - THE OFFSPRING


1. Unknown vocabulary:

* Ain´t: Is the informal contraction of the structures: AM NOT, ARE NOT, HAS NOT, HAVE NOT.

*Chick: Is the informal way to say: a young girl; a young bird especially one newly hatched.

*Dick: Is a vulgar slang to say man´s pennis; a stupid or contemptible person.

*Gotta: Is the informal contraction to say: HAVE GOT A, HAVE GOT TO


2. Song is about a man that tells the story of two friends; a girl and a boy who are in troubles with their pairs, they are singular couples because in the case of the man he has to pay everything for his girlfriend and in the case of the girl is the same, they have to support a pair of idles.


3. Once I had to work for my cousin, she didn´t do anything to help me and I was who made a lot of money for her, this was so unfair to me because I had to do all the work for her.


4. I would not like to do this again because everyone has to work and get our things with effort and dedication, besides I think idles nor are able to help themselves neither society.


5. I think it is not funny let others work for me because I prefer to get my things with my own effort, besides if you let others that you could seem as a simple thing occupying an empty space.


6. Some unusual expressions in the song:
   

*Man he hates that bitch: Mi amigo tiene novia y odia a esa vagabunda.

* "man I really gotta lose my chick in the worst kind of way":  "Hombre voy a perder a mi chica
de la peor manera ".

* She sits on her ass: Ella se sienta en su tracero.

* He works his hands to the bone: Él trabaja sus manos hasta el cansancio.

* But she wants more dinero just to stay at home: Pero ella quiere más dinero sólo para quedarse en casa.

* You gotta say: Tú tienes que decir:

* I won't pay, I won't pay ya, no way: No voy a pagar, no voy a pagar ya, de ninguna manera.

* Say no way, say no way ya, no way: Di de ninguna manera, de ninguna manera, de ninguna manera.


* Cause that girl's got expensive taste: Porque esa chica tiene el gusto caro.


* Well I guess it ain't easy doing nothing at all: Bueno, supongo que no es fácil no hacer nada, espera, sí,

* But hey man free rides just don't come along every day:  Pero hey hombre los viajes gratis simplemente no vienen A lo largo de cada día.


* My friend's got a boyfriend, man she hates that dick: Mi amiga tiene un novio y odia ese bueno para nada.





No comments:

Post a Comment